It’s undeniable: we’re living in a digital age. Nowadays, everything from medicine to communication has been computerized. As such, it makes sense that law enforcement and police agencies would follow suit. However, handling sensitive criminal and legal data in a digital manner isn’t without its difficulties. That’s where Tracker comes in. Our sophisticated software, SAFE, gives institutions and organizations the ability to efficiently, easily manage their evidence for excellent results. This product is so effective that our current clients include numerous police departments, the Secret Service, the Department of Defense, and the United States Department of Justice. In the following blog, we describe the basics of digital evidence management.
What is Digital Evidence Management?
Digital evidence management is a system for inputting, processing, storing, accessing, and analyzing information related to legal and criminal investigations. As Bob Galvin explains in his 2013 Police: The Law Enforcement Magazine article on the subject: “Managing evidence is one of law enforcement’s most critical tasks. Yet for thousands of police agencies, it’s overwhelming due to insufficient or no training, rotating personnel, low priority from administrators, and inadequate evidence tracking…Automating evidence management enables property room personnel to know where their evidence is and why.” Tracker is proud to help agencies optimize their operations to solve cases and bring justice to victims across the country.
There are numerous digital evidence management programs out there, but SAFE is one of the most popular because of the incredible features it offers. Our clients have chosen our software for their agencies because:
- It’s automated. We understand that law enforcement officials and police officers have a lot on their plates, so SAFE sends computerized review dates and alerts to keep you on track.
- Its digital dashboard is straightforward to use. We’ve made our interface as intuitive as possible so managing evidence is a breeze. From the main page, you can easily pull up digital evidence, review information, track your files, analyze your data, handle email alerts, and more.
- Our mobile app makes digital evidence management more convenient. We understand that many people work from their mobile devices, so we’ve created the SAFE app.
- Our barcode system lets you manage evidence with a simple scan.
- We remain current with RMS (Records Management Systems) and CAD (Computer-Aided Dispatch). Tracker understands that you may need to transfer information between various programs, so we use a standard Application Programming Interface (API) system for our software. This means you can smoothly, swiftly perform assessments and write reports.
- It allows officers and personnel to look at digital and physical evidence In the twenty-first century, most of your relevant information may be digitized, but that doesn’t mean all of it is. With SAFE, you can compare both kinds of evidence side by side.
- It’s highly customizable. Every agency has different needs. SAFE allows you to individualize your system according to your particular preferences. You can organize your information exactly as you’d like and even author ad hoc reports formatted for a specific purpose.
- We help train teams in its functions. As your agency learns how to use SAFE, the Tracker staff will be available to help you every step of the way with multiple training options.
- We offer free upgrades. The world of digital evidence management is constantly evolving, so we’re always making out software better. Other providers charge for each and every improvement, but we include all upgrades at no charge for our customers.
- We offer a free trial. We want our clients to be able to try out SAFE and see if it suits their needs. When you opt for a free trial, we’ll demonstrate the wide-ranging functionality of our program, configure it for your agency’s distinctive needs, and help you see what it can do for you.
The Statistics on SAFE
As law enforcement and police agencies understand, the proof is paramount. Here is the evidence on SAFE:
- The software boasts 90,000 users and counting
- SAFE currently stores 862 million items
- Our customized systems are currently programmed in 152,000 configurations
- More than 5,238 agencies make the most of their data with SAFE
Contact Tracker Products Today
With our advanced features and superb track record, SAFE is one of the top digital evidence management systems around. Contact Tracker Products today to find out more about it or sign up for your free trial.